Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sign Me Up

I had this post planned about Indie Bound, the new program that will be replacing Book Sense, which I think looks really neat and has the excitement and momentum to do amazing things.

However, I then saw this and all rational thought flew out of my head.

The Stand.

In comic book form.

And I have to wait until September before it happens.

/wails

The adaptation of The Dark Tower has so far been excellent - the writing, the art, the feel of that world. I will only imagine good things for the translation of my favorite book of all time into comic book form.

So, help me out here, O Those Who Read My Ramblings - what books would you love to see done as comic books? Which ones have already been done that you think are particularly good or particularly bad? Which titles would make you gnash your teeth and go "Nooooo! They'll fuck it up!" if a comic version was to be announced?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things that should be made into a comic:

WFR Storylines

and

The Road. It could even be done with a minimum of lettering.

Reuben said...

HOLY KIDNEYFUCK THAT IS AWESOME

Also Marty's comment reminds me of the time Hannah and I sat up in my unfurnished, empty apartment for about seven hours, planning out THREE YEARS of Feathermoon storylines in comic book form. Hella nerdy yo.

I vote for a Gentlemen of the Road comic. Of course. Also, Dan Simmons's Hyperion. And a really kickass Arthurian comic.