Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Year's Resolution

Okay, it's a bit early for one, but I've done a lot of rambling about books and bookstores recently, but not very much about what I'm doing to work towards actually opening one, which is, y'know, what this blog is supposed to be all about.

A friend of mine attended some of the programs at The Center for Women and Enterprise last year, and she loved it. I've been hemming and hawing and thinking about going, myself, but have yet to sign up. Mostly, I've been thinking that I have time, no worries. But, well, this blog's coming up on a year old, and aside from trying to pay down some bills, I don't know that I've accomplished all that much towards opening a bookstore.

It would be nice to post about something I've learned, or progress made - even though my job sends me to regional trade shows, I don't always have the time to attend the bookselling sessions. When prospective booksellers are sitting in a room learning about the perils and pitfalls of owning a store, I'm usually busy opening boxes with my Swiss Army Knife and trying to make the tables look presentable for when the floor opens.

Five minutes ago, I signed up for the December 6th info session. It's more than a month away, and I'll probably wait until January to take actual classes, but it's a start.

No comments: